Saturday 22 September 2012

Thanks Dad

Okay,,, so the last post was about taking wings off and such but we'll get back to that.

On Sunday Dad tipped up wearing his work clothes and a "Stop messing around and do some man's work!" facial expression. I think his comments were along the lines of " Put the baking soda and lemon juice away, unless we're planning on making a citrus flavoured cake this afternoon!!"

Armed with a trolley jack, ramps and a plethora of spanners and other tools he decided we were going to take the engine and gearbox out.

Five minutes later I dragged him out from under the car and... politely suggesting he clean his glasses... I steered him away from my Astra and pointed him towards the MG. After that initial hiccup things went surprisingly well.

(At this point I also have to thank my more than generous neighbour Mark for the lend of his engine hoist . Cheers Mate I really appreciate it!!).

(And big thanks also to The Mighty Thor. Nice one!, the hammer came in really useful. Come and pick that up soon or it's going on eBay).


And between the space of two photos the engine was out.

Okay so it wasn't quite that simple.

A couple of hours, twenty skinned knuckles and a lot of colourful language later...


After a coffee and a ciggy we decided to crack on.

During the next couple of hours I learnt a few new profanities from the "old man" but thoroughly enjoyed myself.

All Done and as per the title of this post... Thanks Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment